Base Area Activities
Summertime in Boise means long days of sunlight, heading to the hills to beat the heat, and of course, staying active. The Bogus Basin team over recent years has designed their mountain landscape into a paradise of summer activities for everyone.
Unlimited Day Pass
Why experience the fun just once, when you can enjoy Bogus Basin’s activities as much as you want all day long! The unlimited day pass is the key to a day full of excitement, all on a single ticket!
|Unlimited Day Pass Adult (13+)||$59|
|Unlimited Day Pass Child (4-12)||$49|
|Unlimited Day Pass + The Basin Gravity Park Lift Ticket Adult (13+)||$89|
|Unlimited Day Pass + The Basin Gravity Park Lift Ticket Child (4-12)||$69|
- Glade Runner Mountain Coaster – Idaho’s only Mountain Coaster
- Scenic Chairlift Rides
- Summer Tubing Sessions
- Bungee Trampoline Sessions
- Climbing Wall Sessions
Glade Runner – Idaho’S Only Mountain Coaster
Bogus Basin is home to the only mountain coaster in the state of Idaho. Experience 4,330 feet of high speed, twisting and turning, screaming and cheering through the woods! Just east of the Simplot Lodge, you are seated in a Glade Runner mountain coaster cart, pulled to the top of the track, then released at the top for an exhilarating ride through the trees. You are in control of your own speed and by pressing the handles all the way forward, you unleash The Glade Runner’s full potential!
|Driver & Passenger||$29|
|Unlimited Mountain Coaster Rides||See Unlimited Day Pass|
- You must be at least 54″ tall to ride alone if you are at least 3 years old and 38″-54″ tall, you need a companion 16 years or older and at 54″+ tall to accompany you as a driver.
- Maximum weight is 375 lbs if conditions are dry and 330 lbs, if conditions are wet.
- No pregnant riders.
- No alcohol allowed.
- Liability Waiver required.
- Parent/guardian must sign for a minor.
Scenic Chairlift Rides
As you ascend up Morning Star Express or Deer Point Express chairlift, breathtaking views of Boise National Forest, the Sawtooth Mountains, and Downtown Boise are revealed. One at the top, you are free to wonder towards the many vistas, begin a hike, or relax as the chairlift brings you back down to the base area – however you choose to get down is up to you…
- Children must be able to access the chairlift on their own accord, ability and follow directions
- No children are allowed in backpacks, wraps, chest packs or in arms
- Children under 12 years old must have an accompanying adult. These precautions are over safety concerns for the children, parents and employees of Bogus Basin in the event of a chairlift evacuation. This policy is required to maintain compliance with national safety standards that govern the operations of chairlifts.
- No coolers
- No strollers
- No animals
- Liability Waiver required. Parent/guardian must sign for a minor
Day tickets are valid from open to close
Single ride tickets are valid for one (1) ride on Deer Point Express OR Morning Star Express, NOT both.
No snow? No problem! You can still go tubing in the summer! Feel the wind in your face as you fly down the lower section of the bowl towards the base area. Race side-by-side or solo down the two 300 foot lanes. Once at the bottom, you can hop back on the conveyor-lift for a ride back up to the top!
|60 Minute Session||$18|
|Unlimited Tubing Sessions||See Unlimited Day Pass|
You can defy gravity and fly more than 20 feet in the air, while doing front flips and back flips without fear of falling! Strap into a secure harness and jump until your heart’s content. The harder you bounce the higher you go!
|5 Minute Session||$12|
Rock Climbing Wall
Your goal? Find the right route and reach the top of the 32-foot structure as quickly and efficiently as possible. Once you are at the top, you are softly let down by the auto belay system. You have four different routes to choose from, which means there is something for everyone. Built-in timers make this activity ideal if you want to challenge a friend.
|15 Minute Session||$12|
Shafer Butte Mining Co.
Did you know you can pan for gold or gems, arrowheads, and fossils up here? Now you do! This is the perfect activity for everyone. Purchase your bag of dirt from the J.R. Simplot Ticket Window, then head to the Shafer Butte Mining Co. where you will grab your pan, pour your dirt, then start sifting and finding your goods!
|Shafer Butte Mining Co. Dirt Bag||$12|
Aerial Adventure Course Coming Summer 2023
Reach new heights! Standing 53 feet tall with 3 levels of challenge features. Obstacles range from easy to difficult as you move through the course. Your adventure finishes with either an auto belay or zip line fun. This is the perfect activity for everyone!
|90 min Session – Adult (13+)||$39|
|90 min Session – Child (4 – 12)||$34|