There’s nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. And with a number of competitive programs both summer and winter, Bogus Basin is your affordable and accessible gateway into social racing. Our community race programs span all ages and are both offered to the public and specific groups.
Almost everyone has the competitive bug at some point in recreation and Bogus Basin is here to scratch that itch for you! With a number of competitive programs both summer and winter, Bogus Basin is your affordable and accessible gateway into social racing. Our community race programs span all ages and are both offered to the public and specific groups.
COMMUNITY RACE SERIES – Summer
Join Bogus Basin summer or winter on the mountain to test your skills on the trails against other competitors in a variety of sports including Trail Running, Cross-Country Mountain Biking, Downhill Mountain Biking, and Nordic Skiing.
If you post any photos or videos on social media don’t forget to tag @bogusbasin and use the hashtag #racethebasin to be featured on our pages!
- Series Race Registration and Single-Race Registration is live
- If you register for the ‘Series Race’, you receive 15% discount to compete in all six races
- As a Race Series contestant, you receive a swag bag for full series participants from our great sponsors
- Downhill Race Series Registration does not include MTB lift ticket
- We welcome all ages and ability levels, including adaptive athletes
Summer Series Schedule
- Trail Running Races + Adaptive Cycling Races: Tuesdays, 6pm (6/27, 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1)
- Cross-Country Mountain Bike Races: Wednesdays @ 6pm (6/28, 7/12, 7/19, 7/25, 8/2)
- Downhill Mountain Bike Races: Thursday @ 6pm (6/29, 7/13, 7/20, 7/27, 8/3)
Packet Pick-Up Party Information
- Pick up your race packet at the registration table on the mountain! Swag bags will be handed out for full series registrants.
Cross-Country Mountain Bike Results
Downhill Mountain Bike Results
BOGUS BASIN SCHOOL RACE PROGRAM
The program’s philosophy has 3 goals:
1. Provide a safe environment on the slopes in which to participate.
2. Encourage students to represent and compete for their school in a lifetime sports activity. This provides a venue for many students to represent their school that might not otherwise be able to participate.
3. Provide a level of competition in which the maximum number of students can participate.
In order to compete in the first race a student must be registered by the date below:
- First Race Registration Deadline for High School, Junior High & Middle School – December 2nd, 2022 at 5 pm
- The deadline for students to register to compete this year until 4 pm on Wednesday, February 15th, 2023
- Your school Adviser will discuss deadlines at your meetings
- The student must be registered in the program to be eligible to receive a discounted lift ticket
- Alpine ski and snowboard rental discount is $4 off the package price. The student must be registered in the program to be eligible.
- 1st Race
- 2nd Race
- 01/21 (Snow Dance party at the Pioneer Lodge)*
- 3rd Race
*Nordic Races – High School 11:30 am start/Middle School 12 pm start
- 4th Race
- 02/04 (No Nordic Races)
- 5th Race
- 02/11* (St. Luke’s Helmet Decorating Contest)*
- 6th Race
- * Snow Dance Party and Contest is the 2nd race 10 am on the south side of the Pioneer Lodge
- * St. Luke’s Helmet Decorating Contest is on the 5th race, February 11th at 10 am south side of the Pioneer Lodge
Dotty Clark Day #1:
Saturday Race Times
- Nordic Races – Frontier Point Lodge
- 10 am
- Snowboard Expert – HS/MS Bitterroot B-3
- 10:30 am
- Freestyle (Bitterroot Basin)
- 11 am (HS) 11:45 am (MS)
- High School Races (Bitterroot Basin)
- 12:30 pm
- Middle School Races (Bitterroot Basin)
- 1:30 pm
School Race Coordinator: John Foley
Please contact John Foley with any questions
BOGUS BASIN NORDIC TEAM
The Bogus Basin Nordic Team (BBNT) is a non-profit Nordic ski team for athletes of all ages and abilities in the Treasure Valley. BBNT seeks to develop and support the entire Nordic skiing community and their programs provide opportunities for skiers of all abilities with the intention of creating lifetime athletes.
For more details please visit Bogus Basin Nordic Team’s website!
Join us for the Skimo Races at Bogus Basin! Ski mountaineering (abbreviated to skimo) racing is a human-powered endurance competition that involves climbing mountains on skis and/or by foot and in many race disciplines, passing through a series of transitions before descending on skis. Think you got what it takes? Sign up today!
Cost: $75.00 for all three races
Individual races $30.00 each
Must register for all 3 races by March 25th, 2023.
Deadline for individual races is Monday week of the race.
- Front side Deer Point
- 5 pm – 7 pm
- Front side Morning Star
- 5 pm – 7 pm
- Front side Deer Point
- 5 pm – 7 pm
Race Coordinator Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation
Bogus Basin Night League Racing
The Night League is canceled for the 22/23 season
The Night Corporate Race League is an evening alpine racing league designed to encourage fun, competition and increased skill. Alpine, telemark and snowboarders over the age of 21 are invited to put a team together and sign up for the race series which includes an end-of-season banquet. You must have at least one female on your team. A team can have more than five team members but only the four fastest times including the fastest female time, will count. All team members must be entered in advance of the series to avoid the occasional “ringer” who stops by for a week.
|Per team of 5||TBD|
|Per each additional racer||TBD|
23/24 schedule TBD
Race Hill Manager: John Foley
Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation
BBSEF was founded in 1967, to provide training and competition programs for aspiring young ski racers. Today BBSEF has grown to include freeski, snowboard and mountain bike programs. BBSEF provides programs for ages 6 -19 who want to compete in alpine ski racing, freeskiing & snowboarding and an alpine masters program for adults.
BBSEF is a separate non-profit organization with a focus on the development of the athlete as a whole. We believe the overall impact of sports goes well beyond the athletic results, instilling: sportsmanship, accountability, building character and confidence. Sports brings opportunities to make new friends, dream and work toward the future. It’s no surprise that the Athletes of BBSEF have gone on to become collegiate scholars, Olympians, and leaders in their communities.
For more information please visit Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation’s website!
Lift Tickets & Rentals
Bogus Basin instructors utilize techniques endorsed by the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI).