May 23, 2018 (BOISE, ID)– Are you ready to take your first mountain coaster ride of the summer? Hike or bike your favorite alpine trail? Bogus Basin announced today that summer operations will begin this weekend. The nonprofit recreation area will be open to the public at 11:00am this Saturday. Visitors can look forward to enjoying a growing range of fun summer activities, including chairlift rides, hiking, biking, summer tubing, climbing wall, and of course, the Glade Runner Mountain Coaster, which was completed in December, 2017.
New this summer: The recently completed Double R Ranch BBQ Smokehouse, a full-service food and beverage outlet located on the 12,000 square foot Bogus Creek Plaza in front of Simplot Lodge. Offerings include in-house smoked meats, fresh salads, and more.
Operating ours will expand over the summer. Early season hours are in effect Memorial Day weekend through mid-June. The area will expand to seven-day-a-week operations from June 22nd through August 19th– a first in Bogus Basin’s 76 year history. As the population of the Treasure Valley continues to explode, the number of summer visitors to Bogus Basin is increasing as well. “There is increased interest from the community in everything we offer, from group sales, to our mountain biking and running race series, our expanding biking and hiking trail system and live music events on the weekends. We expect this to be our biggest and best summer ever,” said Wilson.
The popular Music on the Mountain concert series will also be expanding, with five all-day music events planned for the Simplot Base Area. There will be live music on the Bogus Creek Plaza from 4:00-6:00pm every Saturday and Sunday beginning Saturday, June 2nd.
Summer season passes can be picked up and purchased at the mountain ticket office. Visit www.bogusbasin.org for complete information on events, activities, tickets, and more.
Bogus Basin Summer Operations and Activities
Bogus Basin Summer Operating Hours are 11:00am-7:00pm
- Saturday, May 26-Monday, May 28 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Friday through Sunday, June 1-3, 8-10, 15-17
- June 22-August 19
- Saturday August 31-Monday September 3 (Labor Day Weekend)
- Saturdays & Sundays only, September 8-October, (as conditions allow)
Beginning Saturday, May 26th:
- Double R Ranch BBQ Smokehouse open for full food & beverage service
- Deerpoint Chairlift will operate for scenic rides & lift served mountain biking
- Bike shuttle transport from Simplot Base Area to Pioneer Lodge, every 30 minutes (weekends and holidays only)
- Simplot Base Area activities open, including Glade Runner Mountain Coaster, bungee trampoline, summer tubing, climbing wall, gem panning
- Mountain bike rentals will be available at the rental shop
- Music on the Mountain event dates: June 30th, July 7th, July 21st, August 4th, August 18th
- Music on Bogus Creek Plaza: Saturdays and Sundays, 4:00-6:00pm, beginning June 2nd
For more information, visit: www.bogusbasin.org.
About Bogus Basin
Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area is the largest nonprofit recreation area in the country. It is a 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to engaging the community to provide accessible, affordable, and fun year-round mountain recreation and education. Opened in 1942, Bogus Basin offers 2,600 acres of daytime skiable terrain, and 165 acres for night skiing; eleven lifts and three people-mover carpets; an 800-foot tubing hill, and a 4,251 foot Mountain Coaster. The Nordic Center offers 37 kilometers of groomed trails. Environmental education and community outreach programs serve over 20,000 individuals annually, primarily youth. Summer activities include the mountain coaster, mountain biking, events, hiking and chairlift service for hike and bike transport. Bogus Basin is located 16.5 miles north of Boise, Idaho and operates under a special use permit with the Boise National Forest. www.bogusbasin.org