Take the City Center Exit onto I-184.Take the River Street Exit. Turn left on 15th (heading North). Turn left on Hayes (heading West). Hayes takes a sharp right-hand corner where it becomes Harrison Boulevard (heading North). Go approximately 2 miles and Harrison Boulevard crosses Hill Road and becomes Bogus Basin road.
Take the City Center/Franklin Exit.Keep in left hand lane to head into City Center on I-184. Take the River Street Exit. Turn left on 15th (heading North). Turn left on Hayes (heading West). Hayes takes a sharp right-hand corner where it becomes Harrison Boulevard (heading North). Go approximately 2 miles and Harrison Boulevard crosses over Hill Road and becomes Bogus Basin Road.
Look for the Bogus Basin sales office located at 2600 Bogus Basin road (Highlands Village) where you can purchase lift tickets, season passes, lease equipment and retail items.
Continue 16 miles up Bogus Basin Road (heading North) to the J.R. SimplotLodge base area and parking lot. Rental & retail shop, ticket office, daycare, food & beverage and ski school are all located at the J.R. Simplot Lodge area.
Pepsi Goldrush Tubing Hill (winter only)
Located on your left as you enter the main parking lot. Park anywhere in the main lot or the Nordic Center lot for a short walk to the tubing hill.
Frontier Point Nordic Lodge, Education Center, and Nordic Trails
The Frontier Lodge in reserved for educational programs in the summer and is not accessible to the public. Continue 1/4-mile past the main entrance through the main parking lot and past the tubing hill. The Nordic center will be ahead of you, at the Pioneer Road junction.
Pioneer Lodge & Pioneer Condominiums1754 Bogus Basin Rd 83631
Stay left and go 1/4-mile through the main parking lot, past the tubing hill, toward the Nordic center and turn right heading up the mountain (following signs) on Pioneer Road. It is a paved road. Follow Pioneer Road 2 miles. At the top of the road and end of the upper parking lot are the Pioneer Lodge (a day lodge) and Pioneer Condominiums.
Note: Bogus Basin Road winds around quite a bit, so plan on a 45-minute drive from the bottom of the hill. It is kept plowed and sanded, but snow tires or chains are advised. Take your time and observe “slow driver” pullouts. Enjoy beautiful views of the valley and city as you climb to 6,100′. Call the Snow Phone at 208-342-2100 or check out the Conditions & Webcams page for current conditions.
Parking & Shuttle
Parking lot shuttles run weekends and holidays, approximately every 20 minutes. Free shuttles loop from the J.R. Simplot Lodge, past the tubing hill to the Nordic center.
Bogus Basin Parking Lot Map
We encourage our guests with equipment to use the “SKI-IN / SKI-OUT” parking lots.
|Bogus Creek Lot #1||Shuttle service available on weekends and holidays|
|Bogus Creek Lot #2||Ski-in/Ski-out|
|Bogus Creek Lot #3||Shuttle service available on weekends & holidays|
|Bogus Creek Lot #4||Ski-in/ski-out|
|Buttercup Parking Lot||Ski-in/ski-out
*Only available on weekends & holidays
**Access to lot not available after 4:30pm due to closure of Bitterroot chair lift #5
|Pioneer Parking Lot #1 – 4||Ski-in/ski-out|
Winter Public Bus Schedule (Ends Sunday, March 17th, 2019)
Free Downtown Park & Ride
Bogus Basin encourages carpooling, and a free Park & Ride lot is available during Bogus Basin operating hours only. The lot is located off of Americana Boulevard and Shoreline Drive. Parking is available in the northwest corner, closest to Spa Drive. (look for the Bogus Basin Park & Ride Lot signs). No parking pass is required. Availability on a first come first served basis. No overnight parking allowed.
Valley wide Bus Schedule
Public bus transportation to Bogus Basin is available on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays through March 17th, 2019. The cost is $10, for both one-way and round trip tickets. CASH ONLY. Mountain Bound and/or round-trip tickets may be purchased when boarding the bus. Town Bound tickets, one way down the mountain, may be purchased at the Simplot Lodge ticket window, subject to space availability. Please arrive at bus stops 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
Warning – All schedules subject to change due to weather and snow conditions.
|Saturday/Sunday & Holidays|
|Mountain Bound||City||Bus Stop Location|
|7:00 a.m.||Meridian||Ten Mile Park & Ride 3047 W Overland Road|
|7:30 a.m.||Eagle||St. Luke’s Eagle Medical Plaza 3101 E State Street (NW Corner of Parking Lot)|
|8:00 a.m.||Boise||The lot is located off of Americana Boulevard and Shoreline Street|
|Home Bound||City||Bus Stop Location|
|5:00 p.m.||ALL||All Bus Stops (see above)|
|November 23 - Thanksgiving Day||No Bus Service|
|December 22 - 24||No Bus Service|
|December 25 - Christmas Day||No Bus Service|
|December 31 - January 6||See schedule above|
|January 21 - MLK Jr Day||See schedule above|
|February 18 -Presidents Day||See schedule above|
In extreme weather conditions, call (208) 229-8500 Ext 126 prior to arriving at the stop to confirm that busses are operating.
- Please arrive at stops 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure times. Schedules will vary due to passenger loads and weather. Arriving 10 minutes early will keep you from missing the bus!
- Minimum age to ride alone is 12 years.
- In bad weather, buses will drive slower and may be very late. Please dress warmly and have someone stay with you until the bus arrives.
- Do not go into buildings or stores in the loading area to wait for the bus.
- In extreme weather conditions, please call (208) 229-8500 Ext 126 prior to coming to stop to confirm buses are operating.
- Passengers that have excess baggage and/or equipment that take up an extra seat space or ski storage space will be charged for an additional ticket.
- Cascade Student Transfer/Bogus Basin accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged items or equipment.
- Cascade Student Transfer/Bogus Basin has the right to refuse service.
- Dec/Jan/Feb/Holiday bus schedule is subject to change.
- If you have questions or comments about the bus, call (208) 332-5330 or email email@example.com.
Summer Driving Tips – Idaho Biking Laws
- Bicyclists use Bogus Basin Road during the spring, summer and fall seasons. If you are a bicyclist, or encounter a bicyclist on the road, follow Idaho Biking Laws. https://itd.idaho.gov/wp-content/Bike/2010_bicycle_commuter.pdf
Safe Driving Tips
- Observe speed limits.
- Use the slow vehicle turn-outs if you have cars behind you.
- Do NOT pass cars. EVER!
- Tailgating does not make traffic move faster. Allow extra time on peak days and during extreme winter driving conditions.
- Use caution if you stop to assist other vehicles. Pull over completely, turn on your flashers and use flares to warn other drivers.
- The road is plowed and sanded but snow tires, siped tires, 4-wheel drive or traction devices such as chains are strongly recommended.