- Parking Lots & Shuttles
- Carpool Parking
- Youth Public Bus Schedule
- Adult Public Bus Schedule
- Driving Directions
- Driving Tips
- Rideshare App
Parking Lots & Shuttles
For the 2019-20 winter season, we have introduced carpool parking benefits to those arriving with 3 or more people in their vehicle. The Carpool Parking Lot will occupy a section of the Main Lot (Lot 1) outside of the Simplot Lodge. Parking Lots 2, 3, 4, Buttercup, Silver Queen, and Pioneer will remain open to guests who do not carpool. Carpool parking will be in effect on weekends and holidays (peak season). We encourage guests to use our Park & Ride lot located at Fort Boise to park your car
when carpooling. We are effectively decreasing cars on Bogus Basin Rd., creating less traffic, reducing travel time, increasing parking availability, and reducing the environmental impact. Thank you for your interest and support in Bogus Basin’s parking and rideshare initiatives.
Bogus Basin Parking Lot Map
Shuttles from Parking Lot #3 and the Tubing Hill will run weekends and holidays to the J.R. Simplot Lodge
We encourage our guests with equipment to use the “SKI-IN / SKI-OUT” parking lots.
|Bogus Creek Lot #1||Shuttle service available on weekends and holidays|
|Bogus Creek Lot #2||Ski-in/Ski-out|
|Bogus Creek Lot #3||Shuttle service available on weekends & holidays|
|Bogus Creek Lot #4||Ski-in/ski-out|
|Buttercup Parking Lot||Ski-in/ski-out
*Only available on weekends & holidays
**Access to lot not available after 4:30pm due to closure of Bitterroot chair lift #5
|Pioneer Parking Lot #1 – 4||Ski-in/ski-out|
Free Downtown Park & Ride Lot
Bogus Basin encourages carpooling, and a free Park & Ride lot is available during Bogus Basin operating hours only. The Fort Boise lot is located at 750 Mountain Cove Road, off Reserve Street and Mountain Cove Road, behind the Fort Boise Softball Field. No parking pass is required. Availability on a first-come-first-served basis. No overnight parking allowed.
Winter Public Bus Schedule
Public bus transportation to Bogus Basin is available on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from December 21st, 2019 through March 29th, 2020. The cost is $10, for both one-way and round trip tickets. CASH ONLY. Mountain Bound and/or round-trip tickets may be purchased when boarding the bus. Town Bound tickets, one way down the mountain, may be purchased at the Simplot Lodge ticket window, subject to space availability. Please arrive at the bus stops 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. All schedules subject to change due to weather and snow conditions. All scheduled times reflect departure times, arrival times may vary based on road and weather conditions.
Public Bus Schedule (Cascade Student Transportation bus service for youth and adults)
|Mountain Bound||City||Bus Stop Location|
|7:00 a.m.||Meridian||Ten Mile Park & Ride 3047 West Overland Road|
|7:30 a.m.||Eagle||St. Luke’s Eagle Medical Plaza 3101 E State Street (NW Corner of Parking Lot)|
|8:00 a.m.||Boise||Bogus Basin Fort Boise Park & Ride,750 Mountain Cove Road|
|Home Bound||City||Bus Stop Location|
|5:00 p.m.||ALL||All Bus Stops (see above)|
Adult Public Bus Schedule (Departs from Fort Boise Park & Ride Only – 750 Mountain Cove Rd.) First Come, First Served
|To Bogus Basin||8:30 a.m.|
|To Bogus Basin||11:00 a.m.|
|To Boise||3:00 p.m.|
|To Boise||5:30 p.m.|
|To Boise||7:30 p.m.|
Public Bus Holiday Dates
|December 21 - January 5|
|January 20 - MLK Jr Day|
|February 17 -Presidents Day|
- Please arrive at stops 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure times. Schedules will vary due to passenger loads and weather. Arriving 10 minutes early will keep you from missing the bus!
- The minimum age to ride alone on the youth bus is 12 years.
- The minimum age to ride alone on the Adult bus is 18 years.
- In bad weather, buses will drive slower and may be very late. Please dress warmly and have someone stay with you until the bus arrives.
- Do not go into buildings or stores in the loading area to wait for the bus.
- Cascade Student Transfer/Bogus Basin accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged items or equipment.
- Vulgar language, music, smoking/vaping is not tolerated.
- Cascade Student Transfer/Bogus Basin has the right to refuse service.
- Dec/Jan/Feb/Holiday bus schedule is subject to change.
- If you have questions or comments about the bus, call (208) 332-5330 or email email@example.com.
- In extreme weather conditions, please call (208) 715-5213
prior to coming to stop to confirm the youth bus is operating.
Take the City Center Exit onto I-184. Take the River Street Exit. Turn left on 15th (heading North). Turn left on Hayes (heading West). Hayes takes a sharp right-hand corner where it becomes Harrison Boulevard (heading North). Go approximately 2 miles and Harrison Boulevard crosses Hill Road and becomes Bogus Basin road.
Take the City Center/Franklin Exit. Keep in the left-hand lane to head into City Center on I-184. Take the River Street Exit. Turn left on 15th (heading North). Turn left on Hayes (heading West). Hayes takes a sharp right-hand corner where it becomes Harrison Boulevard (heading North). Go approximately 2 miles and Harrison Boulevard crosses over Hill Road and becomes Bogus Basin Road.
Look for the Bogus Basin sales office located at 2600 Bogus Basin road (Highlands Village) where you can purchase lift tickets, season passes, lease equipment and retail items.
Continue 16 miles up Bogus Basin Road (heading North) to the J.R. Simplot Lodge base area and parking lot. Rental & retail shops, ticket office, food & beverage, and ski school are all located at the J.R. Simplot Lodge area.
Tubing Hill (winter only)
Located on your left as you enter the main parking lot. Park anywhere in the main lot or the Frontier Point Lodge lot for a short walk to the tubing hill.
Frontier Point Lodge, Education Center, Nordic Center, and Trail Network
Continue 1/4-mile past the main entrance through the main parking lot and past the tubing hill and the Frontier Point Lodge will be ahead of you at the Pioneer Road junction. The Frontier Lodge is reserved for educational programs in the summer and is not accessible to the public.
Pioneer Lodge & Pioneer Condominiums1754 Bogus Basin Rd 83631
Stay left and go 1/4-mile through the main parking lot, past the Tubing Hill, toward the Frontier Point Lodge and turn right heading up the mountain (following signs) on Pioneer Road. It is a paved road. Follow Pioneer Road 2 miles. At the top of the road and end of the upper parking lot are the Pioneer Lodge (a day lodge) and Pioneer Condominiums.
Note: Bogus Basin Road winds around quite a bit, so plan on a 45-minute drive from the bottom of the hill. It is kept plowed and sanded, but snow tires or chains are advised. Take your time and observe “slow driver” pullouts. Enjoy beautiful views of the valley and city as you climb to 6,100′. Call the Snow Phone at 208-342-2100 or check out the Conditions & Webcams page for current conditions.
Safe Winter Driving Tips
- The road is plowed and sanded but snow tires, studded tires, 4-wheel drive and/or traction devices such as chains are strongly recommended.
- Please avoid driving the road if your tires are bald, or you are in a rear-wheel-drive vehicle with no traction devices such as chains.
- Use the slow vehicle turn-outs if you have one or more cars behind you.
- If a car suddenly appears behind you, use the next available slow vehicle turn-out.
- A quick flash of the brights is a polite request to pass.
- A quick flash of the hazards after a car passes is a “thank you”.
- Observe speed limits.
- Do NOT pass cars. EVER!
- Allow extra time on peak days and during extreme winter driving conditions.
- Use caution if you stop to assist other vehicles. Pullover completely, turn on your flashers and use flares to warn other drivers.
Summer Driving Tips – Idaho Biking Laws
- Bicyclists use Bogus Basin Road during the spring, summer and fall seasons. If you are a bicyclist or encounter a bicyclist on the road, follow Idaho Biking Laws.