Morning Star Chairlift Chairs for Sale
Own a Piece of Bogus Basin History!
In March 2019, Bogus Basin announced that the Morning Star Chairlift (Chair #2) will be replaced with a Doppelmayr high speed quad chairlift. The upgrade will dramatically improve the flow on the mountain for all users, reducing the ride time from eleven minutes to three, and make loading and unloading an easier experience.
The Morning Star Chairlift has served the community well for more than 50 years. Countless guests have been transported up the slopes on the triple-seat, fixed grip Riblet Tramway lift. Originally installed in 1965, the lift was refurbished in 1999.
Removal of the chairlift began in April, and is scheduled to be complete in time for the opening of the 2019-20 winter season.
Limited Online Auction Opportunity
The announcement that the Morning Star Chairlift would be replaced has sparked strong community interest in purchasing the old chairs. The chairs make great conversation starters around your home or business as porch swings or benches, allowing you to connect with the mountain and to own your own piece of Bogus Basin’s history.
Bogus Basin is pleased to share that a limited number of the Morning Star chairs will be made available through an online auction. The auction will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 28 and will end at 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 4. Proceeds will benefit Bogus Basin, helping to fulfill the area’s nonprofit mission to engage the community in affordable, accessible, and fun year-round recreation and education.
The online auction will be facilitated by Auction Frogs. Auction participants are required to complete a registration process. Register Now
Payment & Pickup Instructions
Terms of Purchase:
- Chairs are sold “as is”
- Idaho State sales tax will be added to the purchase price
- Chairs must be picked-up at designated pickup times/locations
- You are not guaranteed a specific chair number
- Chairs not picked up at designated times will be made available to a new buyer
How to pick-up your chair:
Transportation of your chair will require a truck or trailer plus at least two people to assist with loading. Chairs will be available for pickup on the mountain on the following date/times:
- Saturday, June 1st from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., or
- Sunday, June 2nd from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Procedures for picking up your chair at Bogus Basin Mountain Recreation Area:
- Auction Frogs receipt required.
- Check in at the Simplot Lodge ticket window upon arrival at the mountain.
- Transportation of your lift chair will require a truck or trailer plus at least two people to assist with loading.
- Bring ropes or straps for securing the chair in the back of your truck or trailer
- Questions for pick-up can be made by emailing email@example.com, (208)332-5100.
About The Morning Star Chairlift
As part of the Shafer Butte expansions project, bids for the original Morning Star Chairlift were requested in February 1964 and by winter of 1965, the first iteration of the chairlift was completed. The new double chairlift spanned 2,600 feet until it was upgraded by length and capacity in 1999. Now, in 2019, the fixed grip model will be replaced by a detachable high-speed quad decreasing the ride time from 11 minutes to just over 3 minutes.
Morning Star Chairlift Specifics:
Year Installed: 1965
Year Refurbished: 1999
Vertical Rise: 620 ft.
Length: 2,900 ft
Individual Chair Specifics:
Manufacturer: Superior Tramway
Model: Fixed Grip
Total height: 108 in.
Total width: 56 in.
Total depth: 24 in.
Weight: 100 lb.