BOGUS BASIN SKI PATROL 332-5350
Safety Awareness Week January 19-27
Bogus Basin is a fun place and we ALWAYS take safety seriously. National Safety Awareness Week is an industry-wide effort to remind skiers and boarders of all ages to share the mountain and the responsibility. Please familiarize yourself with the following information and scroll to the bottom to find out what you should do if you or someone you are with is injured while skiing or snowboarding.
The Skier and Snowboarder Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
KNOW THE CODE. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
This is a partial list.
Officially endorsed by: NATIONAL SKI AREAS ASSOCIATION.